Steps to ensure a successful fast:
- Know what to expect- When you fast, your body detoxifies, eliminating toxins from your system. This can cause mild discomfort such as headaches and irritability during withdrawal from caffeine and sugars. Naturally, you will have hunger pangs. Limit your activity, and exercise moderately. Take time to rest. Fasting brings miraculous results!
- Prepare spiritually- Confess your sins to God. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal areas of weakness. Forgive all who have offended you and ask forgiveness from those you may have offended. Surrender your life fully to Jesus Christ and reject the worldly desires that try to hinder you.
- Prepare physically- If you have health concerns, consult your doctor prior to beginning the fast and explain what you plan to do. This is especially important if you take prescription medications or have a chronic ailment.
- Prepare strategically- Mark your calendar and make specific notes of what you will be fasting from, and the type of fast you will undertake. Make sure you have the proper items available to you in your home and workplace to ensure your success.
- Prepare mentally- Make a conscious choice to refrain from critical speaking and spreading negative words about or to anyone else. Consider limiting how much time you watch TV and engage with social media. Remember to replace that time with prayer and Bible study. That time with God will produce dramatic change in your life. Journal your fasting experience daily.
2018 DANIEL FAST BROCHURE